- Guests: 4
- Dimensions: 70 sqm
- Rooms: 2 Double bedrooms ensuite, 1 livinig room, 1 Kitchen
- Essentials: Bed sheets, Towels, Hair-drier, Soaps, Dishes, Microwave, Fridge, Dishwasher, Air conditioner in all rooms, TV sat, Wifi Internet
- Outdoor: Panoramic view, Table with chairs, Private panoramic terrace
- Living: Sofas, Table with chairs
- Wc: Bidet, Shower
- General services: Free self-service laundry, free private parking
Galatea, which means “with milk-white skin”, is named after the sea nymph described in Greek mythology. The apartment is accessed from the upper garden, which has terraces and various viewpoints and is shared with some of the other apartments.
A small entrance door beside the dome of the adjacent church of San Francesco leads into the apartment, which consists of:
- a very spacious scenic bedroom with a king size bed and a free-standing bath tub at the foot of the bed in an exceptional panoramic vantage point;
- a bathroom with a shower;
- a second double bedroom, the “alcove”, with a special king size bed and a view of the upper garden;
- a second bathroom with a large shower;
- a spacious living area with a fireplace and large windows looking onto the front terrace;
- a separate kitchen area.
All the rooms are air conditioned. The first double bedroom and the living room both face west onto a large furnished level terrace, from where you could almost touch the sea that bathes the beautiful beach of San Francesco, framed by palm trees. The terrace has a pergola and is perfectly usable all the year round, to admire the beautiful sunsets and the outline of Ventotene Island on the horizon. The apartment was completely renovated in the autumn of 2015 under the supervision of interior designer Giuliano Andrea dell’Uva. The renovation was aimed at restoring the original structure of the residence from the turn of the last century; where there was a single large room used as a bedroom by the previous English owner, subsequently modified during the restructuring in the 1980s, a single visual space has now been recreated, including the living room and bedroom area, which are separated by a large glazed partition.For the work, wide use was made of modern materials such as resin and special paints, together with traditional materials such as simple hand forged wrought iron and common glass, all used in harmony with items of design furniture.