- Guests: 6
- Dimensions: 280 sqm
- Rooms: 1 Bathroom, 2 Double bedrooms ensuite, 1 Twin/double bedroom ensuite, 1 livinig room, 1 big living of 150 sqm, 1 Kitchen
- Essentials: Bed sheets, Towels, Hair-drier, Soaps, Dishes, Microwave, Fridge, Dishwasher, Bedrooms air conditioner, TV sat, Wifi Internet
- Outdoor: Panoramic view, Table with chairs, Private panoramic terrace, Panoramic Solarium with Hot Tub
- Living: Sofas, Table with chairs
- Wc: Bidet, Shower
- General services: Free self-service laundry, free private parking
Petrea, whose name comes from Greek mythology and means “source of the rocks”, is in the oldest part of the hermitage and is ideal for a family or group of friends. The apartment can be accessed from the gate beside the church of San Francesco, through a large shared courtyard embellished by beautiful old palm trees, and also from the upper garden, with its terraces and various viewpoints, where there is an entrance from the street.
It consists of:
- A spacious master bedroom, with old wooden beams, a fireplace and a complete bathroom, which was part of the original residential core of the eighteenth-century building. The bedroom, joined to the apartment, can also be accessed independently trough the glazed doors to the upper garden, onto which it looks;
- A very scenic double bedroom with a queen size bed and a complete bathroom;
- A third double bedroom, known as the “hermit’s cell”, also with a complete bathroom and a window that originally opened onto a portico when the hermitage was first built, more than two centuries ago; over the years, with the extension of the house, it has acquired a unique view over the bright, scenic entrance;
- A fourth complete bathroom serving the living room;
- A spacious internal kitchen;
- An ample entrance and a large living room of about 150 m2 in size, with a splendid view over the Bay of San Francesco. It has an adjoining level covered terrace with arches, around 40 m2 in size, which can be used all the year round to enjoy the view of the sea, the beautiful sunsets and the outline of Ventotene Island on the horizon. The terrace, on the same level as the living room, serves as the roof of the overpass, a surprising but very effective architectural solution by the English previous owner, who designed it personally at the beginning of the last century. A small wrought iron balcony, also designed by the previous owner, stands above the entrance gate, giving harmony and proportion to the facade.
For total relaxation, Petrea also has a private sun terrace, accessed via the entrance staircase, which overlooks the beautiful Bay of San Francesco and is furnished with sun loungers and a mini spa. Finally, the guests in the apartment can enjoy a large garden with old trees, scenic terraces and a courtyard, shared with the other apartments in the building. Petrea is therefore a large apartment, with a floor area of about 250 m2, plus external spaces, just waiting to be discovered. It sleeps six persons, has four bathrooms and is ideal for your holiday with relatives or friends, or for hosting events. The renovation work on the apartment just described was completed in the spring of 2015, with the help of interior designer Giuliano Andrea Dell’Uva, and features some “particular” choices regarding the use of the living space, as the owner had no desire to further modify the original structure of the house, even with regard to its new use as guest accommodation. For the work, wide use was made of modern materials such as resin, designer lighting and special paints, together with traditional materials such as simple hand forged wrought iron and common glass. The final results of the renovation have been photographed and published in some international furnishing magazines.